The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Friday, September 24, 2004

Bill Burkett meets the press

Dan Rather, Mary Mapes, Max Cleland, and Joe Lockhart had to have been incredibly desperate to even have given the time of day to this guy. And, much to the chagrin of CBS and the DNC, Burkett has been talking in the last couple of days to Knight-Ridder and CNN. Some highlights:

"They [Lockhart & DNC] tried to convince me as to why I should give them the documents."

"The documents have not been conclusively proven false," Burkett said. "Neither have they been proven authentic. That jury is still out.

…"the central part of my agreement with CBS was that they use their massive and superlative abilities to authenticate and verify the documents prior to broadcast in order that I and my source not have to be identified."

"CBS came to me, I did not go to them. It was in no interest of mine to be involved with this. Certainly as a source, I demanded confidentiality both for myself and my source."


Some eyebrow-raising comments (and food for thought)...


DiscerningTexan, 9/24/2004 12:06:00 PM |