The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Friday, August 26, 2005

Sometimes, there is only faith...

My apologies about the lack of posts last night -- the DT got some very disheartening news last night from the DW, and the coming weeks may well be critical as to exactly what that means for our futureā€¦ If I have learned anything in life and love, it is that one cannot force another human being to feel something that is not in their heart to feel. Anyway, suffice it to say that the system got quite a shock last evening, and so I just wasn't in the posting mood. But for anyone out there who is listening, your prayers for "what is right and what is appropriate" would definitely be appreciated -- this is one I've always liked a lot:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference


That kind of clarity is about all that anyone can reasonably hope for. And once one has sent this kind of prayer off into the ether, then you finally reach the place where there can only be faith -- faith that what is supposed to happen, will happen...

I am headed for Scandinavia tomorrow and will be there on business all next week. This actually might be a good thing; sometimes distance provides valuable perspective and insight which would not be possible without it. Anyway, my posting may be sporadic during this next week or so, but I will do the best I can, depending on various factors like time availability, personal crises (or the lack thereof), connectivity, etc. But rest assured I will return soon enough, because our country and the survival of our civilization is far too important to let any personal setbacks prevent me from making whatever small, minute difference I can make. And so we march on...

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has been visiting the site regularly, and to those sending emails and comments. I am grateful for your continued patronage; it is my hope and intent to make the site even more insightful and "discerning" in the days ahead. See you soon.
DiscerningTexan, 8/26/2005 10:34:00 AM |