The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Friday, May 26, 2006

John McCain? Or Jimmy Carter? My nomination for lame gesture of the year.

This is about as lame as it gets: Senator John McCain is introducing a resolution that would ask FIFA to ban Iran from the World Cup Soccer match unless they stop trying to build nuclear weapons.

And to think, I thought McCain was wishy washy on the issues; man have I ever been proven wrong. He's REALLY playing real hardball now--I'll bet Ayatollah Khameni and his puppet President Ahmadenijad are quaking in their boots... Expect them to drop their nuclear program any second now in the face of this ominous threat....

Sometimes I wonder if I am living in an Orwellian sequel to
Animal Farm.
DiscerningTexan, 5/26/2006 05:39:00 PM |