The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Friday, January 26, 2007

My Cross-Referencing Project and "Fair Use"

My regular readers may have noticed a new "Labels" feature at the bottom of each post. This feature is now made possible by the new Google Blogger tool, and it is one that I intend to use to help my readers get to posts about topics they care about. I will be undertaking a project over the next several weeks to go back into the past and cross-reference my previous posts--all the way back to 2003--with a finite set of labels, so that topic research may be more easily accomplished by those who want to recall or forward something they may have read in the past. I hope you enjoy this new Labels feature.

Also, I have been made aware by concerned readers about the notion of "Fair Use", i.e. lengthy reproduction of copyrighted writings without permission which "pushes the envelope" will largely become a thing of the past. I have taken liberties in the past just to save my readers the trouble of having to click through to read content. And, while this is ergonomically useful, it does not allow those folks who actually write for a living to benefit from advertisements, etc. on their site. So I am hoping you will continue to visit--but also that you do not mind clicking through to the source from now on.

Labels: , , ,

DiscerningTexan, 1/26/2007 05:37:00 PM |