The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Peril of the "Slippery Slope"

I just stumbled upon this, but man am I ever glad I did. I spent several hours devouring the whole thing. Legal blogger Eugene Volokh wrote it and it was published in the Harvard Law Review: This is your homework assignment for the week. Yes, it is long, and it may take you more than one sit-downs to finish, but it is definitely worth the effort. And it is in *.pdf form so you can either save it to your hard drive or print it out.

Warning: this will require you to actually stop and think...but don't let the length or the Table of Contents intimidate you--this argument is well-reasoned and not at all difficult for a non-attorney like myself to understand; yet it is far-reaching in its conclusions and their importance in the future of the American experiment.

I put this right up there with "Moneyball". No blood, no bodies, no cursing, no private parts...
Joe Bob says check it out.

Labels: ,

DiscerningTexan, 3/10/2007 02:12:00 PM |