The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Another Newspaper Publishes Names of Gun Owners with Carry Licences

First it was Nashville, and now it is happening in Ohio: both places have newspapers employing anti-gun zealots which are publishing the names of gun owners with concealed carry licences. This time the culprit is the Sandusky Register and the victims of this "list" live in several Ohio counties. If ever there were a reason for the Fourteenth Amendment to be interpreted as a "right to privacy", this is it.

Now the criminals also know which residences are NOT licensed: and therefore they know whose home is ripe for burglary--and which ones are more of a risk. Wonderful. Why don't they just publish the architectural layouts of the non-armed homes while they are at it... (not to mention they are also advertising to the more adventurous and well armed criminal where they might go to steal weapons...)

If I were living in one of these cities and I was NOT on the list, I would be suing that newspaper for damages the second my home was burglarized.

(Note to criminals: my home and person ARE protected. My Sig and I are very well acquainted. And if I were you, I wouldn't chance it...)

Labels: , ,

DiscerningTexan, 6/26/2007 10:03:00 PM |