The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Sunday, August 12, 2007

As well they Should Be... UPDATED

Not exactly "I'm your girl..."

UPDATE: This is why I think Hillary would mobilize the base like no other: it's the 'fear factor':
Most especially as a woman, I have become more and more concerned that Hillary Rodham Clinton just might be elected as the first female President of the United States in 2008. And that possibility curls my hair, dangerously accelerates my heartbeat and sends shivers down my spine.

I have been following Hillary's "life" since she first made a blip on the national radar during the 1992 election. Back then, my own perception of her was that she was kind of pert, sort of pretty, and that she might even be slightly smarter than that absolutely charming husband of hers - the candidate. When I learned that she had her own Yale law degree and that they were being billed as the "two-for-one" presidency, I actually thought to myself that it might be a good deal for the taxpayers. Pay one President; get two. I do always try to give a new President - and First Lady - the benefit of the doubt, as due respect for our Republic and the electorate dictates.
But that was 15 years ago. In that time, I've read six biographies of Hillary (4 admittedly unfavorable, 1 gushingly favorable, and 1 supposedly neutral). With such a preponderance of damning evidence against her already widely disseminated, it strikes me as more than a little strange that this woman is not in prison or a mental institution. That she has managed to remain not only free, but center-stage in the Democratic Party and a Senator from an "adopted" state is an indictment of our press and her Party. If she succeeds in lying and manipulating her way into the White House, it will be an indictment of us all.
Even Carl Bernstein admits (A Woman in Charge; Knopf; 2007; p. 554) that Mrs. Clinton is the human equivalent of a chameleon, changing her colors and her story to suit her audience:
"As Hillary has continued to speak from the protective shell of her own making, and packaged herself for the widest possible consumption, she has misrepresented not just facts but often her essential self." (emphasis mine)
In real life - as opposed to fairytales - misrepresenting facts is called "lying." Constantly changing yourself (and your "truth") according to the company you are in is called "a lack of integrity." A lack of integrity is considered by most normal folks to be a glaring character defect. Now, if even Carl Bernstein is able to admit that Hillary is a liar and has a substantial lack of integrity, why would we even elect her POTUS?

Labels: , ,

DiscerningTexan, 8/12/2007 08:07:00 PM |