The Discerning Texan
All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
-- Edmund Burke
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Best Audio of the Week: Gingrich on the choice between an American Golden Age or the Decline and Fall of America
I saw that Townhall had the audio of the entire 45 minute speech that Newt Gingrich recently gave to the Young America's Foundation linked, and thought I would give it a listen because I am a big fan of Newt Gingrich's intellect.
This was a very, very good decision. Gingrich's optimism here is contagious and his vision of not only where we can go, but of how we get there is about the most inspiring, yet intellectually honest thing I have heard in quite some time. And his consequences for continuing down the road we are on are equally straightforward and stark. Check it out here; this will be the best 45 minutes you spend all week. (it can also be downloaded to your iPod or other PDA device.)
And as I said yesterday: if Gingrich is now backing Fred Thompson, that alone is one hell of a good reason to get out there and campaign for Fred.
This was a very, very good decision. Gingrich's optimism here is contagious and his vision of not only where we can go, but of how we get there is about the most inspiring, yet intellectually honest thing I have heard in quite some time. And his consequences for continuing down the road we are on are equally straightforward and stark. Check it out here; this will be the best 45 minutes you spend all week. (it can also be downloaded to your iPod or other PDA device.)
And as I said yesterday: if Gingrich is now backing Fred Thompson, that alone is one hell of a good reason to get out there and campaign for Fred.
Labels: American Culture, American History, Economics, Fred Thompson, Newt Gingrich


































