The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Monday, August 06, 2007

Turning Lemons to Lemonade

I am going to be taking a few days off beginning tomorrow for business, and naturally I had a bit of anxiety about letting the blog go cold for several days.

But--as things have turned out--it couldn't have worked out better: I am highly honored that Illinois resident
caoilfhionn, more famous as Cao of Cao's Blog has agreed to put some posts up on DT while I am gone. How great is that? And yes--I admit it--I prefer the "Hard Nosed Cao"...

Here is a bit more about Cao, taken from her Wide Awakes Bio:

I’m a mystery, although a lot of folks know me pretty well. Caoilfhionn is my writer’s name, and I’ve been using it for about 2 years. I have travelled around the internet, (on discussion forums and experimenting with blogs) but have made my home at Cao’s Blog.

I am married to the sexiest man on earth. I have two sons. The older one is 27, and is in the Army Corps of Engineers, just returned for his second tour in OIF2. It’s because of the Army dog that I’ve been studying the Iraq situation and have some definite opinions about it. Son #2 spent High School in Texas at the Marine Military Academy, in the USMC Uniform as Jr. ROTC. He’s 22 now and is finding his way.

I’m a gun owner (and know how to use ‘em) and believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Conservative views and values have always made sense to me. My family has been in politics a long time. My dad served as Alderman of our town, my g-grandfather was the mayor in our town. The powers that be didn’t appreciate g-Grandfather’s ideas about equitable taxes (he was on the Illinois Tax Commission), and one night they bombed our house. They missed him, though because he wasn’t sitting in his reading chair. He had retired early for the night because he didn’t feel well. That bomb took off the whole front portion of the house.

I know what you are thinking--is she married to the Discerning Texan? Well, no. (so... logically, there must be at least one other "Sexiest Man on Earth"...) But without revealing any more details (which you can read here), I would say the above qualifications alone would qualify her for Honorary Texas Citizenship. And so I am pleased to welcome Cao--a "stranger in a (Blue State) strange land"--to the warm and welcoming arms of Red State citizenship. And not just any Red State, either...

In all seriousness I am grateful and I am quite lucky to have a Blogger of Cao's quality to pinch hit for me for a few days. Please do her right and make her fell welcome.

Labels:

DiscerningTexan, 8/06/2007 06:10:00 PM |