The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Thursday, January 10, 2008

Grading the Debate

Just a few impressions as the Debate goes on.

Segment 1:
Segment 2:
Segment 3:
Segment 6:
Afterwards the Luntz focus group really liked Fred. I saw it as slight win for Fred over Rudy, Romney and McCain tied for third. But definitely Thompson's best performance. I am not sure Romney has what it takes to beat McCain (and all those crossover voters) in Michigan. I really question his strategy to put all his chips in Michigan. Still I cannot see McCain winning out based on those Immigration answers. Or Huckabee for that matter. And I wonder if Florida is too late in the game for Rudy. But based on what I saw tonight, Fred will give Huckabee a run for his money in SC. And Rudy and Mitt did well also. Paul should never be allowed in another debate. Every time I see Huckabee in a debate I like him less. McCain is strong on the war but I question almost everything else he says.
DiscerningTexan, 1/10/2008 08:33:00 PM |