The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Tuesday, January 01, 2008

McCain would vote against Bush Tax Cuts...again!

Unbelievable:
This is astonishing:



LOWRY: If you don't mind, I want to ask you a domestic policy question, a straight talk question, if you will. In retrospect, was it a mistake for you to vote against the Bush tax cuts?

MCCAIN: No, because I had significant tax cuts, and there was restraint of spending included in my proposal. I saw no restraint in spending. We presided over the greatest increase in the size of government since the Great Society. Spending went completely out of control. It's still out of control. Wasteful earmark spending is a disgrace, and it caused us to alienate our Republican base.

This is why primaries matter. Yes, McCain is for a strong defense, but on virtually every other issue important to conservatives, McCain is on the wrong side of things. Give me Fred Thompson--or even Mitt or Rudy--over John McCain any day of the week. And no, I did not have to be waterboarded to come to this conclusion.
DiscerningTexan, 1/01/2008 03:35:00 PM |