The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Monday, January 21, 2008

Save Windows XP!

I normally don't blog here about technology, but when I saw Glenn's link to an article entitled "Why XP must be saved", I had to weigh in. As someone who's brand new Viao laptop was brought to an early demise by a Vista Service Pack "fix", I cannot agree strongly enough that with XP, what we have is a classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Meanwhile, Vista is quite frankly an abomination, its networking module is pure crap, and for the first time in my life I am seriously considering Apple. Short of that, I may go try and find a current version of XP for sale to resuscitate my Viao that can't find a network to save its life; if I can find XP, I am pretty much to the point of being willing to back up my files and then Format C:// to end the madness. That is how much I hate Vista. And if Microsoft really goes through with its discontinuing XP and supporting it, Steve Jobs may be getting a new customer soon.

I wish I could say all those Apple commercials with the dumbfounded Windows nerd were mere propaganda, but my wife has a new Mac, and she has never had an issue with it; meanwhile my blood pressure under the Vista regime has reached new heights.

Message for Mr. Gates: bail out of this sinking ship before it is too late.

(This post was typed on an old IBM Think Pad running XP...)
DiscerningTexan, 1/21/2008 10:39:00 AM |