The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oba-plomacy

Credit Tom McGuire with the quick-hit of the day:
Imagining Barack Abroad

Our heroic world traveller is meeting with Ahmadinejad of Iran. Outside, with cameras rolling, crowds are chanting "Death to the Great Satan!" Cut to Barack:

"This hatred of America has a long history. And it is part of Iran - I could no more expect Ahmadinejad to disown it than I could expect him to disown the Iranian community, or his blessed grandmother. Besides, I heard this stuff all the time in my church back in America, and I recognize it is a distraction form the real issue of better health care for all Iranians..."

OK, maybe not.

DiscerningTexan, 3/19/2008 09:28:00 PM |