The Discerning Texan

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Time for a Vacation


Cartoon by Michael Ramirez (click to enlarge)

To all my loyal readers: I am war-weary, battle scarred...and I need to take a break. I am not leaving for good, but I do need to take some time off to recharge the batteries. I'll be back soon enough--I hope you will keep checking back from time to time. I may not be able to help myself from impulsive posting in the short term but for the most part I need the break more than the web needs my .02.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your support over the last 4+ years. You have become like a second family for me and I cannot express enough gratitude. You know who you are and you know I mean it.

Taking some down time now will allow me to gather energy for the important fights ahead, and (assuming the Leftist thugocracy thought police do not shut down my right to speak out...) God willing, I will be there when needed.

In the meantime keep your heads held high and remember that our founding principles can never be defeated, because they are TRUE. Only politicians can be defeated. We are all here but for a brief moment in time. People like Pelosi and Reid are but flies in the ointment. They too will pass. But the Truth endures.

Our Founders knew that humans were imperfect, but they also knew that the Founding principles--for which, against all odds, they fought our glorious American Revolution--are not mere ideas; they are the very foundation of individual Liberty. As as long as humans inhabit the Earth, these principles will be an innate part of every human being--whether he can name them or not; and no matter what other tired, decrepit philosophies tyrants bury them under. They cannot be buried because they are innate. This is why we must take heart. The truth cannot be long suppressed. History has proven this time and time again.

I appreciate each and every one of you, my readers: because you can name it. Because you have fought for it. Never stop fighting for the Truth. Stay engaged, as I will.

See you soon... DT
DiscerningTexan, 11/05/2008 11:31:00 AM |