The Discerning Texan
All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
-- Edmund Burke
Monday, May 25, 2009
Missile Defense Cuts: Yeah, That's the Ticket
What a great time for Obama, his Defense-Cutting, Appeasnik Administration and his "yes man" Gates to mothball the construction of additional Missile Defense launch platforms at Ft. Greeley Alaska, even though the taxpayers have already paid for and built the missiles. Earth to ostriches: the US is not going to lose an all-out conventional war to anyone; but it only takes one missile that gets through our defenses at high altitude to have a catastrophic EMP effect that could result in millions of American deaths within 6 months:
- The xenophobic madmen running N.Korea launch missiles and explode a Hiroshima nuke--on Memorial Day (on purpose). This is a complete "in your face" to Obama and his lofty idealism, and to all previous efforts to cut deals with these liars.
- Iran is on a collision course with similar nuclear and missile capabilities, has launched Surface to Surface missiles this week and has reiterated its intentions to vaporize Israel; meanwhile our President has shown relative disdain and irritation at Netanyahu; my guess is that his message regarding Iran was: 'you are on your own'.
- Obama seems to think the UN or the "International Community" will actually take action that would stop either Iran OR NK from moving forward (or...at least he pretends to think so for his political base). This, of course is a complete joke.
- Iran just sent warships into the Gulf of Aden--on Memorial Day, perhaps putting them in a better position to cut off the world's Oil supply should Israel or anyone else attack it.
- The Russians are threatening to install surface to surface missiles on the Polish border, and have pretty much issued an ultimatum directed at any Eastern European country that strengthens its ties with the US.